Submit your First Scene to the Festival: http://firstscenescreenplay.com
Watch Table Reading of the July 2016 Winning First Scene Screenplay.
NINE SCARS by Kelly Crawford
Genre: Fantasy, Romance, Thriller
A teen romance thriller that takes place in a world in which everyone has nine lives. In this world of nine lives, an aspiring football player must risk all of his lives to rescue his girlfriend from the ruthless leader of a gambling syndicate who’s trying to fix the college football championship game.
Get to know the winning writer Kelly Crawford:
1. What is your screenplay about?
IN A WORLD IN WHICH EVERYONE HAS NINE LIVES, AN ASPIRING FOOTBALL PLAYER MUST RISK ALL OF HIS LIVES TO RESCUE HIS GIRLFRIEND FROM THE RUTHLESS LEADER OF A GAMBLING SYNDICATE WHO’S TRYING TO FIX THE COLLEGE FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIP GAME.
2. Why should this screenplay be made into a movie?
IT’S ORIGINAL, WITH A COMPELLING REMINDER THAT WE HAVE ONLY ONE LIFE TO LIVE.
3. How would you describe this script in two words?
4. What movie have you seen the most times in your life?
THE RELUCTANT ASTRONAUT
5. How long have you been working on this screenplay?
6. How many stories have you written?
TWO SO FAR.
7. What motivated you to write this screenplay?
FIVE YEARS AGO I SURVIVED A BRAIN HEMORRHAGE AND BEGAN CONTEMPLATING MY MORTALITY. IN DOING SO I THOUGHT ABOUT A WORLD IN WHICH EVERYONE HAS MULTIPLE LIVES AND THAT LED ME TO CREATE “NINE SCARS”.
8. What obstacles did you face to finish this screenplay?
GETTING CONFLICTING FEEDBACK ON STORY IDEAS.
9. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
SHARING THE LOVE OF JESUS CHRIST.
10. What influenced you to enter the festival? What were your feelings on the initial feedback you received?
THE FEEDBACK WAS EXCELLENT. VERY CONSTRUCTIVE AND HELPFUL. I ENTERED THE FESTIVAL BASED UPON THE NUMEROUS POSITIVE REVIEWS I READ ABOUT THE FESTIVAL.
11. Any advice or tips you’d like to pass on to other writers?
WRITING IS A CONTINUAL LEARNING PROCESS.
Director/Producer: Matthew Toffolo http://www.matthewtoffolo.com
Casting Director: Sean Ballantyne
Editor: John Johnson