Watch the June 2016 Winning 1st Scene Screenplay
STARBOUND, by Alex A Kecskes
Genre: Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Action
Ancient, alien DNA turns a retarded teen into a powerful, gifted emissary to an advanced civilization that visited earth millennia ago.
NARRATOR – Tee Schneider
HECTOR – Geoff Mays
CHRISTINA – Kelci Stephenson
NAVARRO – Nathan Bragg
PRIEST – Julian Ford
Get to know the winning writer:
1. What is your screenplay about?
A writer doing a story on the Nazca Lines of Peru discovers that a once-abused young woman is the emissary for an advanced alien race.
2. Why should this screenplay be made into a movie?
The film poses the existential question: How would aliens contact us?
3. How would you describe this script in two words?
4. What movie have you seen the most times in your life?
Day the Earth Stood Still (1951 – Directed by Robert Wise.)
5. How long have you been working on this screenplay?
6. How many stories have you written?
7. What motivated you to write this screenplay?
The works of Carl Sagan and Philip K. Dickk
8. What obstacles did you face to finish this screenplay?
Research on the Nazca Lines and human genetics.
9. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
Family, cinema, art, futuristic concepts.
10. What influenced you to enter the festival? What were your feelings on the initial feedback you received?
Eager to hear my dialog performed by professional actors. Feedback was good and uncovered some minor points I hadn’t considered.
11. Any advice or tips you’d like to pass on to other writers?
Persist and don’t listen to the naysayers.
Director/Producer: Matthew Toffolo
Casting Director: Sean Ballantyne
Editor: John Johnson