Submit your First Scene to the Festival: http://firstscenescreenplay.com
Watch Table Reading of the March 2016 Winning First Scene Screenplay.
Get to know writer Robert Tolz:
1. What is your screenplay about?
A renaissance faire actress, formerly a Wall Street occupier, and an apparently regular guy visiting the faire fall in love – until she finds out he’s her incredibly rich undercover boss.
2. Why should this screenplay be made into a movie?
Because it’s funny, colorful, romantic and engaging, and because it has more on its mind than your standard rom-com.
3. How would you describe this script in two words?
4. What movie have you seen the most times in your life?
5. How long have you been working on this screenplay?
Gestation- 3 to 4 years; Labor- about 6 months.
6. How many stories have you written?
Half a dozen.
7. What motivated you to write this screenplay?
I wanted to tell a fun story about people crossing conventional economic lines, dogmas and expectations – Joseph Campbell in sheep’s clothing.
8. What obstacles did you face to finish this screenplay?
9. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
The evolution of the human race.
10. What influenced you to enter the festival? What were your feelings on the initial feedback you received?
I understand that the first few pages of a screenplay are critical to getting the story past the gatekeepers, and I wanted to see whether I was successful. Initial feedback was encouraging and it also appropriately threw light on some needs of the script.
11. Any advice or tips you’d like to pass on to other writers?
You will no doubt be receiving lots of feedback and some of it will be conflicting. It’s your job to separate the wheat from the chaff. You are the ultimate architect of your story.
Director/Producer: Matthew Toffolo
Casting Director: Sean Ballantyne
Editor: John Johnson