Watch the December 2016 Winning 1st Scene Screenplay.
|SHE DRIVES ME CRAZY
Written by Elisha Barnes
Genre: Drama, Comedy, Romance
Sexy lesbian Danni Montgomery is living with her ex in abstinence – an ex who still carries a torch for her. Meanwhile Danni is eyeing up a bisexual movie star and attempts to woo her by building her the hottest fan site on the web.
Get to know the winning writer:
1. What is your screenplay about?
It’s about a woman who works in a doctor’s office who finds herself in a boring marriage – until she meets a handsome stranger at a supermarket. Now this woman – who is a maniacal driver – soon falls in love with the stranger and finds herself plotting her husband’s death. And it isn’t the first time she sought this solution to an unsatisfactory marriage.
2. What genres does your screenplay fall under?
Dark Comedy and Rom-Com.
2. Why should this screenplay be made into a movie?
Because it’s a very timely subject with all the road rage out there and it’s very funny, too. Memorable characters.
3. How would you describe this script in two words?
4. What movie have you seen the most times in your life?
Wizard of Oz – can’t get enough of those munchkins.
5. How long have you been working on this screenplay?
6. How many stories have you written?
I’ve completed five screenplays, 14 short stories and two novels.
7. What motivated you to write this screenplay?
Some jerk cut me off and I found myself fantasizing about all the ways I could get back at him.
8. What obstacles did you face to finish this screenplay?
Periods of writer’s block.
9. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
Garage sales, flea markets, the jersey shore, and, most of all, going to the movies.
10. What influenced you to enter the festival? What were your feelings on the initial feedback you received?
Someone told me about it and I thought “Hmmmm, that sounds interesting.”
|SUBMIT your Best Scene Screenplay or TV SPEC Script
Voted #1 TV Contest in North America.
|SUBMIT your Best Scene Screenplay or FEATURE Script
FULL FEEDBACK on all entries. Get your script performed
|FIRST SCENE (first 10pgs) SCREENPLAY CONTEST
Submit the first stages of your film and get full feedback!
Director/Producer: Matthew Toffolo http://www.matthewtoffolo.com
Editor: John Johnson
Casting Director: Sean Ballantyne