Submit your First Scene to the Festival: http://firstscenescreenplay.com
Written by Alex A. Kecskes
Genres: Crime, Fantasy
Two small time ex-cons run into two angels on probation who must save their souls or be dammed forever.
Get to know writer Alex A. Kecskes:
1. What is your screenplay about?
Redemption and second chances
2. Why should this screenplay be made into a movie?
It has humor, action, love, sacrifice and redemption—all the things that make a film interesting and watchable.
3. This story has a lot going for it. How would you describe this script in two words?
4. What movie have you seen the most in your life?
Pride and Prejudice (directed by Joe Wright)
5. This is a very tight, emotionally engaging and fun screenplay. How long have you been working on this screenplay?
About one year.
6. How many stories have you written?
Four. Just submitted STARBOUND, my fourth to Wildsound (hope it does as well).
7. What motivated you to write this screenplay?
I wanted to explore the flaws some angels might have and how far they would go to save two souls.
8. What obstacles did you face to finish this screenplay?
Balancing dramatic and comedic elements
9. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
Travel. Observing people of all ages and cultures.
10. What influenced you to enter the festival? What were your feelings on the initial feedback you received?
I wanted to see how professional actors would bring it to life. The feedback was good and uncovered a minor point I had overlooked.
11. Any advice or tips you’d like to pass on to other writers?
Trust and continually refine your talent. Observe people of all ages. Listen and watch them as they deal with the ups and downs of life. Talk to old bartenders, big city taxi drivers and policemen. Ask them about the most interesting people they’ve met.