Watch the December 2016 Winning 1st Scene Screenplay.
Written by Sam Sexton
Genre: Comedy, Horror
About a mental health nurse, Alice, who is bitten by one of her patience and begins to change into a werewolf.
Get to know the winning writer:
1. What is your screenplay about?
You’ve Changed is about a mental health nurse who is bitten by a patent and begin to change into a werewolf.
2. What genres does your screenplay fall under?
Horror / Comedy
2. Why should this screenplay be made into a movie?
You’ve Changed deserves to be made into a movie for the following reasons 1. It uses the werewolf as a means to explore themes of mental health and relationships. 2. It is about a rational person trying to understand the supernatural change that they are going though. 3. You’ve Changed more then anything else is an entertaining, action packed, horror comedy, set in rural Australia, that follows in the footsteps of American Werewolf in London.
3. How would you describe this script in two words?
4. What movie have you seen the most times in your life?
The Big Lebowski
5. How long have you been working on this screenplay?
You’ve Changed has taken about a year to write.
6. How many stories have you written?
This is the first complete feature draft I have written, I am currently in the process of writing my second and I have written a number of short films as well.
7. What motivated you to write this screenplay?
Part of it was just to develop the discipline of sitting down, writing and finishing a screenplay. I have also always been a big fan of classic horror monsters and I wanted to write something that paid homage to those monsters.
8. What obstacles did you face to finish this screenplay?
The part I spent the most time on was the structure and making sure that the logic was sound.
9. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
Appart from writing I am passionate about film making as a complete process, I recently made a short film which got into a number of festivals around Australia including the Perth Revelation International film festival.
10. What influenced you to enter the festival? What were your feelings on the initial feedback you received?
I wrote this script as part of an honours year at Griffith University and generally the feedback I got was positive, the screenplay it’s self as awarded a Distinction. However this is only a first draft and there are things I do want to change about it.
|SUBMIT your Best Scene Screenplay or TV SPEC Script
Voted #1 TV Contest in North America.
|SUBMIT your Best Scene Screenplay or FEATURE Script
FULL FEEDBACK on all entries. Get your script performed
|FIRST SCENE (first 10pgs) SCREENPLAY CONTEST
Submit the first stages of your film and get full feedback!
Director/Producer: Matthew Toffolo http://www.matthewtoffolo.com
Editor: John Johnson
Casting Director: Sean Ballantyne