A teenager tracks down a famous composer whose unorthodox methods will unlock award-winning compositions from his twin sister, not knowing he kills his students and steals their music for his own stardom.
LOGLINE: A teenager has to befriend a famous composer whose unorthodox methods will unlock award-winning compositions from his twin sister, not knowing the composer kills his students and steals their music for his own stardom.
Casey thought he was defending his sister – he didn’t mean to put her boyfriend in rehab.Autistic and difficult, Casey intends to do anything to redeem himself in her eyes. He befriends a notoriously brilliant music teacher who says he can ensure Casey’s sister will realize her musical aspirations.
But the teacher’s unorthodox methods harbor a deadly secret.
Despite his brutal approach, Casey’s sister falls in love with the enigmatic teacher. However Casey keeps digging until he unravels the sinister truth behind the teacher’s own musical success – he kills his gifted students and claims their work as his own.
Does Casey have what it takes to save his sister from this maestro psychopath?
2. What genres does your screenplay fall under?
3. Why should this screenplay be made into a movie?
It deals with topics around co-dependant relationships / the darker side of being an artist / the challenges involving Aspergers.
4. How would you describe this script in two words?
Refreshing and unpredictable
5. What movie have you seen the most times in your life?
Avatar / The Matrix
6. How long have you been working on this screenplay?
Approx 10 Months
7. How many stories have you written?
Nine Screenplays (features)
8. What is your favorite song? (Or, what song have you listened to the most times in your life?)
Peter Bence – ATTENTION / Pentatonix – DAFT PUNK
9. What obstacles did you face to finish this screenplay?
Getting CASEY’s character as true as possible. He has Aspergers and to make him sound true on the page, required a lot of research.
10. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
Directing film / stage
11. You entered your screenplay via FilmFreeway. What has been your experiences working with the submission platform site?
I only have great things to say about FilmFreeway. I will be launching a new feature THE LOFT HOUSE, I directed / wrote myself in the next two weeks via FilmFreeway.
12. What influenced you to enter the festival? What were your feelings on the initial feedback you received?
The fact that I could ‘win’ a reading of my script that was a big drawing card. Loved the initial feedback and implemented it right away. It was really helpful.